Sunday, April 20, 2008

Parents House almost pulls a Teo's Condo, My Teeth, and the Comic Con

This weekend was a lot of fun and a complete mess.

Friday: Liz' birthday

We went out to celebrate Liz' 25th Birthday. It was a lot of fun but 2 bad things happened. First I started to feel some pain from my tooth that I was going to have a Root Canal on Wendsay for and second, my parents told me that there was a gas leak in the house and we have no hot water. GAS LEAK! Meaning if there was a spark, my parents house and everything in it would've been just like my condo...GONE. It's like Final Destination, the Grim Reaper wants me dead but sucks at his job. Also the Gas company apparently sucks and wants us dead because the so-called 24 hour emergency support we pay for said they'd come tomorrow morning to fix the gas leak THEY CAUSED! That's right, they came to fix the water heater and left by almost destroying our home. I'm thinking lawsuit. This also meant no hot water tomorrow morning for Comic Con.

Saturday: New York Comic Con and PAIN.

So me and Liz wake up early to go to the 3rd Annual New York Comic Con which I LOVE! Liz is the best fiancee ever because she decided to keep me company. After our cold showers we go to comic con and get on the huge line. We did some panels (which bored Liz to death), went around the floor and bought some stuff (I got some toys I lost in the fire and some comics, I bought Liz an Ugly Doll). We even saw some celebrities that weren't comic book writers (Ron Perlman, Seth Green, Selma Blair, and Milo something [Peter from Heroes]). Liz knows Milo's full name because she's in love with him he was on Gilmore Girls. It was a long day (9-5:30) and though I enjoyed all of it, I was in a ton of pain. My tooth went crazy and the pain went from my chin to my eye into my skull. It was unbearable. I had to take breaks to deal with it. We later met up with Pat, Kelsey and Lindsay for Ethiopian food (I'm cultured bitch!) and I went home in total agony. I left the dentist a message and went to bed.

Sunday: Narcotics and Pre-Cana.

Sunday was a slow day mainly because I was in pain for most of it. I packed my Nintendo stuff to ship out on Monday for repair/replacement. I also took a ton of medication (2 Alleve, 1 Tylenol Extra Strength, and local oral anesthetic.  Still it wasn't working but then the dentist's office called and booked me for Monday 9am and called in a prescription of Codeine. Much much better. Me and Liz then went to get our Catholic on at Pre-Cana where we started the 6-hour training? I don't really know how to describe Pre-Cana other than it tries to flesh out potential problems you may run into as a married couple. There are journals involved, need I say more.

That's my weekend, the pain continues with a Root Canal and an Association Meeting at night. I'll let ya know how that goes. Otherwise, I'm going to get ready for sleep while on Codeine (God Bless it). If you want to see cool pictures from Comic Con or Liz's Party go to my flickr site. 

1 comment:

Karl and Kate said...

Oh noes! Glad your house didn't explode, that's scary lol. We survived Pre-Cana. Its not that bad! Karl's journal was confiscated and destroyed for making not so veiled threats against the government, but other than that it was good!