Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 3 - 5

Thurs I went to work. It wasn't very eventful and I left early to do 2 things that night.

They let me and my dad in to my place for a few minutes. The place is a disaster area. The ceiling has fallen, things are burned, my TV and electronics either exploded or were melted. Things water logged. It's bad. My clothes are OK interestingly enough, they didn't get wet or burned thankfully. The furniture is toast, my Games, DVDs, CDs, and some (not all) comics are completely destroyed with only melted or wet remains. We got out all the uber-valuables which were ok and hard-drives. The hard-disks may be ok, we'll see. Some jackets, some old-school games (which are dead), and 3 of 5 boxes of comics (2 are good!). We also got out important documents and receipts which was probably the best thing to get.

We went home and tried to organize, Pat came over to help and take the already posted pictures.

We had a meeting at 7pm at night. It meant that the Yankee tickets I got were now useless, so we gave them to the landscaper. They gave us a ton of info, told us our big chance to get what's left is next Weds at noon (for me). 3 hours to get everything. Ugh! Also told us how long it'll take (a guess) to have it all demolished and rebuilt (12 - 14 months) and what "builders grade" means. Oh, and I still gotta pay my association fee even though I don't have heat or water, gotta pay sewage though I have no plumbing, and taxes obviously.

With all that had happened, I decided I need Friday to organize with my folks, so I took off from work.

Friday involved talking to the insurance guy, which was very helpful and beneficial. They're bringing in special cleaners to take care of my good but stinky clothes. Everything...and I mean EVERYTHING SMELLS. We also talked about the following steps, the meeting, and of course money. I separated all my water-logged comics and got very upset because there were a lot of awesome issues I lost. World War Hulk #1, Sinestro War #1, few issues of JSA, Buffy Season 8 #1, etc.

I also went through all my receipts to try and figure out what I could claim via my credit card's policy along with just a list of stuff I lost. My mom took one look at my giant bucket of receipts and almost died. Apparently my organization skills are only good in my own eyes.

At night, back to normal, ate with Liz, Whitney and Jason, went to bed. Today I ran more errands, saw Marv and the Mall, and contacted Nintendo about possibly replacing my Wii. I hope they can help. I'm going to call Microsoft and Sony later. Right now, I'm going to shower. Expect another update in a few days. Any questions or comments e-mail me or call.

No comments: