Thursday, April 17, 2008

Money, Mets, and Gift Cards

I received the insurance money Tuesday afternoon. I could say something cliche like "It's so interesting how all my worldy possesions can be reduced to 2 checks." but instead I'll say what the cool kids with their rap music say: "Money Money, yeah yeah". Honestly though, most of it will be saved/invested until we either move back in or sell the place and buy a new one. All the cash will go untouched. Well, most of it, since I did already by a MacBook, Xbox 360, iPod, HDTV, and a Digital Camera.

Weds night went to see what was probably my last time in Shea. I'm a Yankee's fan but I don't hate the Mets and I want 1 more experience in the stadiums before they're gone. Mets won 5-2 and it was a really good game. Homers, good catches, strike-outs, etc. Yanks beat the Red Sox too. Suck it Boston!

Also, the people from Liz Moot Court team at Seton Hall Law pitched in and got us a large gift card to Macy's. Liz said she was borderline speechless and I can't say enough on how kind it was to do that for us. We'll be saving it to help buy furniture down the line. I also can't repeat myself enough on how I appreciate everyone's gifts and efforts to help during this time. It's been overwhelming.

No comments: