Thursday, July 17, 2008

Batman: Gotham Knights

In preparation for The Dark Knight I watched the Anime "vision" (and I use heavy quotes there) of Batman in the new DC Animated feature Batman: Gotham Knights. Since I'm lazy with all posts that I write, here is the quickest breakdown.

6 animated shorts by different anime directors each tell a different Batman story. Here is a review of each tale.

1) Interesting but mainly OK until the end when Batman just looks fat. Crappy rendition of the Dark Knight
2) Good. Not much more to say about that.
3) Gay. Batman looks very feminine and that's not a positive. The costume is also horrific. Makes Batman look like Birdman.
4) Totally twisted but awesome.
5) Bloody but boring. Not much action and the tale it tells doesn't really strike any interest.
6) Some really ridiculous action, it's short but pretty damn awesome. My personal favorite.

I should also add that Kevin Conroy did the voice of Batman which is always the right call since he is the best Batman in the history of moving pictures.

No comments: